• This site contains affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase after clicking a link, Poker Chip Forum may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Not Mine 1,961 starbursts + Paulson racks (2 Viewers)

Ah nah I'm not sweating it. I was gonna use some of them for a custom set and move the rest on here for basically cost if any were left. Just know they'll get flipped is all.

The previous winning bid was for over $1300, so if the seller thought he could get more by cancelling and relisting these, he got screwed.
This is the big key. I bid the last time up to 1200. I think something else happened though because I got one of those "second chance" offers. So maybe the high bid backed out or he canceled it because of low feedback?

This is the big key. I bid the last time up to 1200. I think something else happened though because I got one of those "second chance" offers. So maybe the high bid backed out or he canceled it because of low feedback?
I just got one as well... seems super fishy like the auctioneer used a second account to max everyone’s bids out...

See I knew something was up. I was Leary after the first one that's why I lowered my ceiling by 300. Something is going on with it.
5AD767B3-2BDD-47EC-9CA1-7FA52C7B629B.png

Idk, idk... twice in a row by “different” bidders is pretty unheard of. Might go back to him and offer $25 above the next highest bid as that’s what I would have paid if not for these mysterious “scum bag bidders” who apparently just auto decline payment in a minute after they posted a bid???

Like I said, I was the one who won the bid for the Grouse Mountain Lodge / Cavanaugh's set last year when he listed them (on behalf of somebody else, apparently). There was not a problem with any part of the transaction at that time. Items were safely and solidly packed.

The Starburst transaction does look somewhat strange, but active manipulation by the seller would be against my take based on previous experience.

I hope someone here got this very good deal and is willing to parcel out what they don't need at reasonable prices.

I saw that after this ended he put it up at a buy it now for $1163. It has since been taken down (or sold). What is going on??

What a fucking moron. His second chance offer didn’t work so he just reposted it at the price I should have gotten it for but didn’t tell me until it was already sold. (Insert middle finger gif)

I’ve never bought anything off eBay. This is bullshit. So, I guess there aren’t any systems in place? It sounds like a potential seller can do whatever they want and say to hell with the auction I want to try and get more money?

I’ve never bought anything off eBay. This is bullshit. So, I guess there aren’t any systems in place? It sounds like a potential seller can do whatever they want and say to hell with the auction I want to try and get more money?
I can’t say anything for certain but I’ve won and lost dozens (hundreds?) of eBay auctions and never had a “second offer” cause someone cancelled. The fact this seller had two right in a row on this auction though does seem sketchy. It also stinks that after we talked he didn’t just post it with a very high BIN with a 1163 offer that he would let me take advantage of. Some people just don’t know how to do good business, it is what it is.

I can’t say anything for certain but I’ve won and lost dozens (hundreds?) of eBay auctions and never had a “second offer” cause someone cancelled. The fact this seller had two right in a row on this auction though does seem sketchy. It also stinks that after we talked he didn’t just post it with a very high BIN with a 1163 offer that he would let me take advantage of. Some people just don’t know how to do good business, it is what it is.
The whole thing sounds really weird. Sorry you got screwed outta that. Hopefully those chips come floating around here and if not there’ll surely be more from somewhere else!

Homeboy is playing games. I'd tell him to shove it :tup:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom