1/2 PLO Hand (1 Viewer)

manamongkids

Full House
Reaction score
Hand I have some questions on.

9 handed 1/2 PLO, stacks between 150-500 mostly. Very passive game, lots of limping.

Hero is dealt :ah::ac::kh::2s: on the button ($210 effective stack size)

Straddle is on

6 players limp for $4 to hero

Hero pots for $40

SB calls $40
UTG calls $40
UTG+1 calls $40

eveyone else folds

$175ish in pot

flop is :kc::qh::7d:

Action checks to hero. Is anyone not jamming this flop? Curious to see where people stand on this

One of the NH rooms for PLO? Played up there a few weeks ago games were great.

Never folding always jamming

So that's not how you play every hand, everywhere? :p

As to the hand, PLO scares the piss out of me, and even I'm jamming on this one.

You've got one blocker to the top set, backdoor nut flush draw, and two blockers to Broadway to any Jack Tens out there. Only hands that you need to be worried about are middle set and maybe a big wrap, but I would gather that those hands would have bet out before your action. Shove and hold your breath!

well, as predicted.

I Jammed $170ish

SB SNAP called - had me covered by about $20

Rest of the table insta folded

we both turn over our cards.

She has :jd::td::jh::8c:

Wow. Not even QJT for the wrap.

I'm no expert in PLO flop percentages, but this might be one of the worst hands to call your all-in at this spot.
I just ran the numbers and her hand is still 36.8% vs your 63.2% on the flop. So she's basically getting the odds to call.
A hand you have blocked, like AdKd9c8c is a little worse vs your hand at 31.7%.

If Hero is going to raise preflop with that hand and these stack sizes, then he is pot committed on a wide range of flops.

If the stacks were deeper, Hero would have a RIO problem. As it is hero is getting plenty good pot odds just to jam it all in.

Hero's hand is a "three card hand", the :2s: is almost worthless. If the stacks were somewhat deeper, I would be more inclined to limp the hand and play only for top set, the flush draw or some miracle flop.

However the stacks aren't deep. Considering the straddle, the hand is just over 50bb deep. Also, Hero gets to see that everyone is limping before he acts insuring the hand is going to play for two or three bets. Thus, Hero knows that he can value his hand based mostly on a pair of aces - normally something I don't like to do in Omaha.

As for the villain who called the all-in . . . He needs less than 33% equity and I think his hand is close to that in this case. However, Hero's range includes top set, middle set and a better wrap than the simple draws that villain holds. In those cases, Hero is crushing villain's hand.

Don't learn bad habits from this hand history. If Hero were playing 400bb deep rather than 50bb deep, then hero would need to proceed very carefully.

DrStrange

If Hero is going to raise preflop with that hand and these stack sizes, then he is pot committed on a wide range of flops.

If the stacks were deeper, Hero would have a RIO problem. As it is hero is getting plenty good pot odds just to jam it all in.

Hero's hand is a "three card hand", the :2s: is almost worthless. If the stacks were somewhat deeper, I would be more inclined to limp the hand and play only for top set, the flush draw or some miracle flop.

However the stacks aren't deep. Considering the straddle, the hand is just over 50bb deep. Also, Hero gets to see that everyone is limping before he acts insuring the hand is going to play for two or three bets. Thus, Hero knows that he can value his hand based mostly on a pair of aces - normally something I don't like to do in Omaha.

As for the villain who called the all-in . . . He needs less than 33% equity and I think his hand is close to that in this case. However, Hero's range includes top set, middle set and a better wrap than the simple draws that villain holds. In those cases, Hero is crushing villain's hand.

Don't learn bad habits from this hand history. If Hero were playing 400bb deep rather than 50bb deep, then hero would need to proceed very carefully.

DrStrange
Agreed on the general thought behind this, although I'd disagree that the :2s: is completely irrelevant. I'd much rather have a 2 in my hand with AAK then a 6, 7, or 8, simply for the fact that it can make some wheel straights.

anyways,

Villian drills :9c: on the river and scoops. GG NH GFY

also proceeded to continue to tell me she was a favorite, I asked her what cards she needed to win, she said i was rooting for a 9 or A. i said you have 3 9s and 2 Aces on the turn to win + 2 jacks,

I left after this hand as the table was a snoozefest, over 3 hours, i only saw 4-5 preflop pot sized raises, mostly 6-7 people limping to the flop, very boring

Response: "I always think I'm a favorite with my omaha aces hands, but in the end I just can't fold 'em."

Hopefully she takes that advice to heart.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom