1/2/5 PLO Hand (1 Viewer)

Anthony Martino

Royal Flush
Reaction score
Game is 1/2 PLO with a mandatory $5 button straddle and unlimited restraddles. Earlier in the session Hero flopped the nut flush and had a guy first to act lead into a very multiway field by potting it with top set, another player get his short stack in and Hero repotted and showed down the nuts but lost when the river paired and rebought for another 1K. The player who won this big pot opted to leave the game very quickly after that and sat in a game where they max buyin for $40 and play Hold Em.

Hero also lost a pot on the river when he potted preflop with AAxx in the CO and got FIVE callers, everyone checked the 58T rainbow flop and Hero potted the A turn which brought a two card flush and got one caller who checked blind before the river hit, which was the K plus completed the flush, Hero checked behind and one of the biggest fish in the game had made the straight and flush on him and failed to extract any additional value from it.

Hero has just felted that fish, limping in with AAxx when the pot was straddled to $20 and then when an aggro popped it Hero repotted when it got back to him and the fish called off the last of his stack and left after busting.

Heros image is solid, he is known for limping big hands, pulling off check-raises and sometimes just outright leading with nutty hands into the field as well. Hero just generally has the goods when he shows up with big bets. From being down 1K Hero is now up and sitting on a stack of 2600 (but in for 2K)

Aggro who has been straddling to $10 (or 2nd straddle to $20) preflop, and taking the opportunity to click it up to $60+ when everyone calls, has straddled to $10 in LP. Hero covers all players at the table, the largest stack being $1,500. Hero is EP with:

:ac::qc::qd::4d:

and limps along. We see a flop of

:ah::tc::9c:

everyone checks to the straddle who bets $100 into the $160 pot (aggro started the hand with around 1k). Folds to Hero...?????

I probably just flat, depending on my read of villain. What types of hands would he fold to a check-raise? Assuming he didn’t just completely whiff, how likely is it that I can take it down by potting?

Call vs raise is close for me. I think with the Ace paired I prefer call. Definitely don’t fold

Aggro who has been straddling to $10 (or 2nd straddle to $20) preflop, and taking the opportunity to click it up to $60+ when everyone calls, has straddled to $10 in LP. Hero covers all players at the table, the largest stack being $1,500. Hero is EP with:

:ac::qc::qd::4d:

and limps along. We see a flop of

:ah::tc::9c:

everyone checks to the straddle who bets $100 into the $160 pot (aggro started the hand with around 1k). Folds to Hero check-raises pot to $460

Heros thinking is that aggro has bluffed numerous spots like this when checked to in the past, and that just calling his bet OOP is too weak. Hero wants to apply pressure and is ready to play for stacks, as he has the nut flush draw as backup, blocks the straight draws and has an image of limping AAxx and check-raising in spots like this.

Hero expects to get a fold, but Villain instead cold calls the raise

Pot: $1,080

Turn: :jh:

Villain has $540 remaining in his stack, Hero first to act and covers Villain, Hero?

Hero is getting 3-1 on his money.

He has eight safe flushing outs, two more safe <chopping?> outs and two unsafe outs. This isn't quite good enough, Hero will need to hope villain has a hand that hero can beat with something less than the nuts. Maybe a queen would do it sometimes?

I think Hero is actually getting "close" to good enough that calling isn't a terrible mistake. Let's call it -$20 to -$40 ev. Lots of people are here to gamble and find this acceptable. I don't - I think a fold might save a few bucks.

However, just in case villain is folding to a bet here, betting all in is better than check/calling.

So I think check/fold > jam > check/call but the numbers are quite close.

Villain’s range looks weak, he didn’t raise in LP pre and just called Hero’s c/r on a draw heavy flop. We do get value from some club draws he can’t let go of and maybe even a few folds from hands with decent equity against Hero’s actual holding. Shove.

Hero opts to shove. Hero has nut outs if called and behind, and Heros image of always being heavily nutted might force a fold from Villain if the have a weak two pair, set or bottom end of the straight

Villain snaps all-in and starts saying "no pair, no club!"

Hero whiffs river, Villain flips over :kc::qh::ts::9s: and believed Hero had flopped top set AND the nut flush draw, yet still called the checkraise trying to bink one of three jacks for the gutshot. Villain didn't think his bottom two pair were any good, just his gutshot draw lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom