1/2/5 PLO hand at Tampa Greyhound (1 Viewer)

Anthony Martino

Royal Flush
Reaction score
We are playing 7 handed, game has some players that buyin 200-400 and try to play Bingo by getting it in preflop, but two of them are away in Texas and the other guy is going to the ATM for more money

Hero (button) $1,350
Villain 1 (BB) $1,100
Villain 2 (CO) $700

Villain 1 is a mediocre reg who is complaining about losing 10k saturday in the 5/10/25 game

Villain 2 is unknown to us, seems average

Villain 1 raises to $20, Villain 2 calls $20, Hero is button on mandatory $5 straddle with:

:as::ts::td::8d:

$15 more to Hero, Hero?

We are playing 7 handed, game has some players that buyin 200-400 and try to play Bingo by getting it in preflop, but two of them are away in Texas and the other guy is going to the ATM for more money

Hero (button) $1,350
Villain 1 (BB) $1,100
Villain 2 (CO) $700

Villain 1 is a mediocre reg who is complaining about losing 10k saturday in the 5/10/25 game

Villain 2 is unknown to us, seems average

Villain 1 raises to $20, Villain 2 calls $20, Hero is button on mandatory $5 straddle with:

$15 more to Hero, Hero?
Pot

Feels like an easy flat here. Don't re-open and let these guys pop and play bingo as you mention. I wouldn't love calling a big raise pre here.

Call, get deep into a depressing hand. Yay

1578932869949.png

Every time I see you post.. I can't help but laugh! Wayne is one of the funniest characters on TV!!

Hero's hand is middling good. Enough to call with, but not something I would raise with OOP and relatively deep.

Hero's edge shouldn't be finding "bingo" hands with 51% equity. Let's see a flop and go from there.

Hero's hand is middling good. Enough to call with, but not something I would raise with OOP and relatively deep.

Hero's edge shouldn't be finding "bingo" hands with 51% equity. Let's see a flop and go from there.

Hes on the button.

I raise to 50

$15 more to Hero, Hero calls

Hero doesn't feel his hand is strong enough if repopped

Flop :js::th::4c:

Villain 1 bets $65, Villain 2 folds, Hero?

I'd be pretty happy with a raise here. The odds of the villain limping with exactly JJxx and binking this flop is pretty darn low. Make it around $175 and take the driver's seat in the hand.

Last edited:
So I guess today is opposite day for me. I just flat here. So may wrap draws here by Villain that could re-pop. He could also have JJ in his pre-flop range. I call and re-evaluate turn. If safe card comes in, or second spade. I plan on going to war on the turn.

I see the case for raising, but I most likely flat. We flopped middle set with a bunch of broadway/straight draws out there. We also have a backdoor nfd. If I pot, there is a good chance villain repots with wraps or top set, and I’m not really looking to get my stack in. If I call, the pot is much more manageable for any action on the turn.

I pot it here - no free broadway draws for villain
I agree 100% with the good doctor. If you are not going to aggressively pursue a flopped set of tens with a single (non-K/A) over-card on a rainbow board and a backdoor nut flush draw with this hand, then you should adjust your play to fold the hand pre-flop. The flop is going to have at least one over-card to your tens about 70% of the time. Slow-playing the hand when you make your set seems like a really bad idea to me with the potential for JT broadway draws or KK and AA catching up to you. Make them pay to play.

Last edited:
The problem with “raising for protection” is that we aren’t crushing even those hands unless it exactly like AA72 or KK53 and are we really worried about a 1 or 2 out draw at that point? I’d rather let him keep betting those hands we are crushing. The rest of the hands that have straight draws to go with them or complete wraps have a lot of equity to call any raise Hero can make. Then if they did hit on the turn can price us out of our full house draw on the turn.

And the times we are facing JJ we are getting crushed!!! So do we call if Villain raises us back which they will most likely do with JJxx and all wraps?

And if Villain doesn’t have JJ or a wrap we let him get away cheap.

Some possible hands ranges Hero could be facing.

0EF26419-DE0D-4483-B047-14A4D8A2847B.jpeg
28D3DA40-ECB2-4437-A91E-D4E9DD4EA3F6.jpeg
A222601E-3157-4271-A8F4-2DAE00FADD6C.png
DFA9E6B8-B095-4B85-A1A9-4FC6BA5289F3.png
E4B68FEB-0B60-4C3C-ADBF-783EC5CD01DE.jpeg

$15 more to Hero, Hero calls

Hero doesn't feel his hand is strong enough if repopped

Flop :js::th::4c:

Villain 1 bets $65, Villain 2 folds, Hero opts to call

Hero realizes this rainbow board is good for his hand and he has some straight blockers.

But Villain can have JJ in his range or wraps that have decent equity and we are pretty deep.

Hero prefers to keep the pot manageable and having position on Villain is useful here as well

Turn :8h:

Villain bets $195

Hero?

I’ve advocated calling at every action, so I can’t stop now. I call.

Call. We are now behind some of the wraps villain may have had as well as JJ. We are still ahead of a lot of his range, but not enough to raise. Hand is under-repped, and is too strong to fold.

I actually may be able to find a fold here. The only way you can improve your hand is to pair the board. You likely have been playing from behind this entire time and the turn card was one of the worst you could have asked for.

I have no problem folding at this point. We lose one of our full house outs with the 8. The KQ9 wrap straight got there if he was betting a draw. He could have picked up backdoor hearts too that we don’t block at all if he has a hand like AKKQhh that is still drawing but has a lot more equity now.

Or he could still have JJ and have us drawing to 1 out.

Too many hands that we are in bad shape against with only a few we are way ahead of.

So unless Hero has a read on this guy being a total maniac I find a fold here.

One of the worst turn cards for sure. Villain keeps potting even though that eight smashed our range, so without additional reads this is a fold for me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom