1-1 nlhe home game hand. (1 Viewer)

Still don't like the lead-out bet, but as played, jam. Expecting V1 to fold, with V2 probably calling -- hopefully not with 44. Likely gonna need to dodge some hearts here.

A) I’m almost never letting my stack get down to 87bb
B) raising to $4 in a std home game almost 100% of the time
C) as played, I prefer a 3bet vs a call when v opens to 5x over 3 limps his range isn’t going to be that strong. ATs doesn’t play well out of position and there’s some dead money to take down
D) After calling preflop I’m checking all flops and making a large check raise over villain’s c-bet
F)As played, I’m shoving over his raise to $40, he’s got a lot of AK/AQ here and I’d rather push any heart or Broadway draws out and take it heads up vs PFR

Shove over the flop raise. There's not enough stack left to do anything else, and we don't have a way to get enough information to find out if top two pair is beaten.

Hero isn't folding top two pair in a low M hand. Raise > call >>>>>> fold.

How much to raise? Hero started this street with $82. By the time the action gets back to Hero he owes $30 to catch up leaving $42 behind and a pot over $100. Any raise will need to be all-in.

Note that hero shouldn't waste his time pondering set vs top pair vs draw. Post flop with top two pair and a low SPR is 100% pot commitment. Some times villain will have a set. Other times a "big ace". A few times a draw, but not so often from the original raiser given the ace of hearts is on the board. Over all there are five combinations for a set, three - five flush draws most of which are combo draws and 24 big ace hands. Maybe a few bluffs too, but that isn't so important here. Villain's range is dominated by big aces which Hero crushes with top two pair.

This is a fist pump jam, Hero is getting the best of it by far. -=- DrStrange

1540613991985.png

Hero bets 10, V1 calls, V2 raises to 40, V3 (pf raiser) folds, back on hero 30 to call, 82 in pot, what do you do?

Shove and hope your hand holds up. You're probably getting called by V1 who holds a FD/backdoor SD and the V2 who might have a set of 4s or a bigger Ax holding.

There's also a case for calling the $30 and pricing in the FD - strategy being that you're going to open shove any safe turn card. But to be honest, are you really check/folding top 2 for your last $40ish if the turn card sucks?

There's no way I'm getting away from this in a low stakes cash game where I began the hand with 86 BBs... so you might as well get it in and if you're behind at least you have a few clean outs.

EDIT: I didn't see any of the replies - so I hadn't realized this had already been answered. For some reason they only appeared when I posted my response. I apologize for the redundancy.

1) Lead out with a raise to $5 rather than limp/call. Three bet wouldn't be the worst given the limp.
2) Check raise flop (most likely all-in, depending on action)
3) As played, JAM.
4) Win and rake a nice pot, or lose and "NH, GG." Rebuy.

EDIT: (Obviously these are not original/new ideas, but wanted to express my agreement with the majority.)

EDIT: I didn't see any of the replies - so I hadn't realized this had already been answered. For some reason they only appeared when I posted my response. I apologize for the redundancy.

Don't be sorry, I haven't revealed the next portion yet, I will try to later in the afternoon.

$22 in the pot, you're out of position, and have the best hand except for sets... And you bet $10?!

I can get behind a check-punish, but if you're going to bet, it's gotta be at least pot, here. Probably more.

Then problem with a $10 bet into a $22 pot is that if it calls around, which is possible, now there is $62 in the pot and you only have $72 in front of you. And you're still out of position. If you get 3 callers, no one is folding the turn. If you realize that, jamming the flop is a better play.

Okay here is the reveal. Hero shoves, V1 folds, V2 calls and has 44 as @BGinGA foretold.

Now the truth is, I was actually V2 in this hand, but I didn't find any of my decisions that interesting, so I posted from the perspective of the early position guy as hero.

It was just odd to be in this spot where I have the top of my range and I am facing a hugely strong line, but I can't put EP guy on much of value because he didn't open, nor limp-reraise. And on my second hand no less, and while I am a regular in this game I don't believe I had played with this particular opponent before. I have to figure he's overplaying a middling ace or has some sort of combo draw. If he played AA or TT that goofy he gets the money. (Or at least would have if I didn't happen to bink the fourth four on the turn anyway.)

So I found the line confusing and that's why I posted this from that perspective, but I felt my actions were still clear nonetheless.

Personally if I am in EP's shoes I am always opening ATs for a raise to 4 or 5 as most responders stated, especially with loose passives left to act. Not sure if it changes the outcome in this case, which is a cooler, but I figure to be in more favorable spots and want to collect from the any ace callers.

if V1 calls the raise then V2 probably does as well, and probably calls or maybe 3 bets if he had JJ-KK.

But thanks for all the responses, I guess AT should eb in the realm of possibility even if the prefloo action didn't make perfect sense.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom