1/1 bottom set line check (1 Viewer)

Kidsthesedays

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
1/1 200 max home game≈$190 eff

I'm in SB 4 limpers to the button. I make it $7 3 callers.

Flop 345dd I lead $10 Folds to Bu makes it $35 hero call.

Turn 8x I check, bu bets $40 and I ship $130

You had 33, right? Button had A2 or 67, or such? Maybe set over set? If so, it's a cooler. I doubt I could find a fold here, although I probably should. :) Reload and get back at it.

Your flop bet lead of $10 into a $28 pot seems small. I would prefer to do $15-20. Not that it would have changed much.

Yeah I had 33. 1/3 was to keep myself wide and allow marginal hands to call with intention on overbetting a blank on the turn.

Standard line for me here is over limping the Sb x/c or x/r flop. I tried getting tricky and paid the price.

Yeah, I think I ship the flop here really. Buttons range is wide here. He can have the straights, he can have bigger sets here, he can have flushes, but he can also have 66-99, and Ad-x hands too and I think you need to charge the max again these possible single-diamond holding. Button will show you a flopped hand a fair bit for sure, but you aren't dead to that and more often he will have a draw which you should try to charge the max.

Yeah, I think I ship the flop here really. Buttons range is wide here. He can have the straights, he can have bigger sets here, he can have flushes, but he can also have 66-99, and Ad-x hands too and I think you need to charge the max again these possible single-diamond holding. Button will show you a flopped hand a fair bit for sure, but you aren't dead to that and more often he will have a draw which you should try to charge the max.
Yeah it was tough. I beat a lot of hand but also lose to a lot of hands. I just think opening 33 was the mistake in the limped pot. Definitely lost the max

You would get better responses with a more robust rendition of the hand. Like we are guessing Hero holds 33 based on the title for example. . . .

Preflop seems a bit misguided. Hero has the worst position and a speculative tiny pocket pair. What is Hero's purpose for making a stiff raise? I can understand a pot sweeter raise "just in case", though I wouldn't do that unless I expected to steal the pot post flop often enough.

There is ~$30 in the pot to see a flop. Hero leads out 1/3 pot looking at the wet board. I guess this is a tricky-trappy play aiming to check raise. If Hero was value betting instead, that 1/3 pot c-bet likely isn't a good plan as it looks weak and invites extra action. by the way - - the tricky trappy play isn't unreasonable if Hero plans to snap off the raise with a jam.

Hero decision to call the raise on the flop rather than attack seems like a mistake. Wet boards have a lot of scare cards than might kill the set or at least kill the action. I assume the turn check is tricky-trappy not pot control. I think the turn check/jam is the only option at the end.

Raising before the flop got ya in a spot. Ideally, I think you check to see the flop, hit your set. Bet half the pot and take it down, or get called or reraised and at least know where you are against an A2 or some other sneaky hand.

I think I like check raise on the flop as it’s not like that flop hits your squeeze range. Pre is good and turn as played is fine

Was the flop all diamonds, or just 2 diamonds?

A general rule, which definitely has exceptions, is to down bet on dry flops and bet higher on wet flops. On a dynamic flop like this with your exact holding, you're looking to pile money in as fast as possible. You can either do this by betting large or by check/raising large. But this also means I think your small cbet is a big mistake.

Here's an example of why you want to do this. Say on this board villain had Axdd. They have the nut flush draw and a gutshot. They basically want to get infinite money in here, and you should oblige them.

Villains with holdings similar to this is what you are targeting.

In my opinion, out of position to 3 people on a flop that doesn't obviously hit your range, I love a check raise. See how the action plays out and reraise big, aiming to get it in versus combo draws. Remember, even if they hit their draw you have a decent %age of making a full house and beating them anyways.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom