• This site contains affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase after clicking a link, Poker Chip Forum may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Not Mine 1,000 chip WTHC (1 Viewer)

In all seriousness, is there a way to get beat on a transaction like this? As a seller I feel like I am the only one who gets screwed since eBay is so buyer protection friendly that there isn't a way for a buyer to loose out (other than time and hassle).

Last edited:
In all seriousness, is there a way to get beat on a transaction like this? As a seller I feel like I am the only one who gets screwed since eBay is so buyer protection friendly that there isn't a way for a buyer to loose out (other than time and hassle).
It's more dealing with the headache than actually being out money. For some scammers they don't realize that.

I would take a chance with a new seller, just ask for different pictures and gauge the response and response time. As @Eloe2000 said, all of the protection is for he buyer. I understand the PITA side but someone will grab them.

It's in NYC. Find a member in the area for pickup and reshipment and cut him off a rack as thanks...

As I always advise everybody, try to make purchases like these on a card that offers purchase protection with amounts high enough to cover the purchase. AMEX Platinum, Chase Ink, Citi AAdvantage, and a few others all have purchase protection up to $10,000. It’s a bit of a different method to go about it but I’ve luckily been saved by it on a couple occasions by some crooked bastards out there. If you’ve recently been burned or just have questions about it, shoot me a PM.

"Make Offer" is also an option for this listing. If I were serious about the purchase, I'd message the seller via eBay to make sure someone on the other end has a pulse (and additional pictures) and I'd arrange a pre-purchase inspection and an in-person pickup. Just don't drop the case walking through Times Square! That'd be a serious chip splash!

Who here picked it up?

I might be in for some 5s if you are looking to split it up.

Who here picked it up?

I might be in for some 5s if you are looking to split it up.

Like you even have to ask...
094d3dd2-e026-4fb2-8d60-13f4184fce52_text.gif

This set was sold by a friend of mine locally in NYC (I was trying to buy it directly but he ended up selling it on eBay before I could come over to entice him with actual cash) :(

This set was in *beautiful* condition, congrats on a sick set @kaimat

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom