PCF Reputation (2 Viewers)

Stibnite

Pair
Reaction score
So, I sat down at a table yesterday full and flourishing.

Between hands I got caught up reading our forum. I begin replying to a thread and didn't notice I was up to bet. I was holding QQ. What luck!

Raise. Flop, Q44.

Boated flop holds to river, and great pot.

Back to typing my message.

Flop a straight... holds.

Back to typing.

Flop nut flush and holds.

Back to typing.

Flop total crap and bluff the board's possible full house, and got two flushes to fold.

Ok, back to typing.

Now, the above was total luck. Doesn't happen often, but one guy asks across the table what I'm typing so much about?

I said, "Oh, just chatting on the Poker Chip Forum about chip collections."

One guy says, well, that's all I need to hear. He racks up and cashes out. Then, 1 by 1, the whole table busted up as all 9 players racked, cashed and dashed--leaving me there alone.

I couldn't believe it. Do forum players here have that much of a rep? It's like it totally freaked them out that I collect poker chips.

So weird. Had to wait 2 hrs for another table.

Next time I'm going to read Catching Fish and Beat the Donks in front of them and bring green and red chips to a 4-8 limit and just sit there with uneven stacks and pop off a few bluffs for kicks.

A similar thing used to happen to me all the time.

I would sit on a park bench back in the day and wait for a beautiful lady to sit down next to me. I would strike up a conversation and then half way in, would start looking at my phone all distracted like. She would eventually ask what I am looking at and I would reply, "Oh I'm just chatting with my buddies on the LivingWithWellEndowmentSyndrome.com forum" and she would always say, "Well that's all I need to hear..." And would go home with me, and leave disappointed a few minutes later.

:(

I think they just wanted any excuse to leave when they were running bad.

You could have said that you're reading Phil Gordon's little green book and they'd still be all "all I needed to hear".

If you said you were reading anything by Phil
Gordon, most people would top off their stacks and the take off their belts and secure themselves to their chairs.

If you said you were reading anything by Phil
Gordon, most people would top off their stacks and the take off their belts and secure themselves to their chairs.

I wasn't sure if people would interpret the Little Green book comment as "a poker book? Yikes, I better cash out, this guy's obv good". Or "LOL! this guy's reading poker for beginners".

It was intended to be the later. Meaning he could be reading Poker for Dummies and they'd still peace. Any excuse to leave.

Reminds me of the time I cleared an indoor shooting range of a rather unpleasant crowd that was barely shooting and mostly goofing off. I'd brought my slug gun to get it sighted in for deer season, time permitting. That's normally a 3-5 round ordeal and done in 10 minutes. I doubled up on hearing protection and two boxes of shells later I had the entire place to myself. I put the shotgun away and got to practicing the pistol which was the primary purpose for my visit. Nobody else came in for almost an hour after that.

Interesting.

Typically when I sit down at a table everyone in the room requests a seat change to get to my table. I'm pretty sure it's because of my personable demeanor.

Maybe it had nothing to do with PCF? It could it have been that you were not concentrating on the game and everyone got upset at that?

I wore my @k9dr PCF meetup shirt in Vegas, and a couple folks gave me some serious respect for traveling the country to play poker! Explaining SOHE, imPLOcean, and Drawmaha really blew their minds. The PCF mojo is for real....

Heading to Vegas in a few weeks... I'll have to bring along my snazzy new Meetup Tour shirt!

I couldn't believe it. Do forum players here have that much of a rep? It's like it totally freaked them out that I collect poker chips.

So weird. Had to wait 2 hrs for another table.

You should've said you were typing on the Dice Chip Forum.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom