Horseshoe DB Group Buy? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
First you need to find out who owns the trademark and rights to the artwork and logo. I suspect it still belongs to Rock Ohio Caesars.

I'd be interested if this gets off the ground. In for 2 at a minimum if this takes off, and probably 3 or 4.

Interested in one maybe, wouldn't mind helping out with the art and lending advice, too.

Im in also. I have no info on how to get it done but I'll buy a few.

Here's the general process:

1. Talk with one or two vendors to come up with guidelines for how close the design can be to the chip inlay.
2. Generate one or more options for button art.
3. Track all the orders and collect the funds to one member's account via paypal and transfer to the vendor.
4. Reship the buttons to GB members.

The same person can handle all of those steps, or they can be divided between different people. Sometimes artists will get a small fee or buttons paid by the GB members. Other times a vendor has handled art generation and revision.

Here's the general process:

1. Talk with one or two vendors to come up with guidelines for how close the design can be to the chip inlay.
2. Generate one or more options for button art.
3. Track all the orders and collect the funds to one member's account via paypal and transfer to the vendor.
4. Reship the buttons to GB members.

The same person can handle all of those steps, or they can be divided between different people. Sometimes artists will get a small fee or buttons paid by the GB members. Other times a vendor has handled art generation and revision.
Seems as if you might be a great candidate to fill the #2 spot. If you please.. I haven't been involved in anything like this but I imagine that seeing some renderings can really get a group interested.

Seems as if you might be a great candidate to fill the #2 spot. If you please.. I haven't been involved in anything like this but I imagine that seeing some renderings can really get a group interested.

Let shoot some emails around. Concept art too early is a little tricky though. You don't want a lot of people to get attached to a design that can't be produced.

Perhaps the artwork could be very very close to the original if the were not "for commerce"? What if someone had some made for giveaways and charged "shipping". There is some conversation in the pre-sale thread that states the "use for commerce" is the key.

JT

Perhaps the artwork could be very very close to the original if the were not "for commerce"? What if someone had some made for giveaways and charged "shipping". There is some conversation in the pre-sale thread that states the "use for commerce" is the key.

JT

Just leave it up to the vendor to determine their comfort level. Courts don't put much weight into verbal loopholes like that...

What about something incorporating that awesome $500 primary chip design?

Empress button is very simple:
1407_Untitled_582R_CARD_GUARDS_19_MARCH_2015.jpg

But just seems to work...

I second that. I love the $500 primary design. It's what drove me to drop $2,000 on another set!

Hey, can somebody point me to images of the chip lineup? Jim took them down after the pre-sale closed, but we need them for reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom