CPC Stardust Quarters - Group Buy Interest Thread (SPM frac GB) (1 Viewer)

What Stardust Quarter would you like to see?

• DG Peacock (unweighted) with 4 edge spots

Votes: 11 84.6%
  • DG Peacock (unweighted) with 3 edge spots

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Light Blue (weighted) with 3 edge spots

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Light Blue (weighted) with 4 edge spots

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

justsomedude

Straight Flush
Reaction score
After months of being on the hunt for more 1k SPM chips (to complete my set of relabeled quarters), I've given up and decided to investigate the possibility of a custom chip from CPC with P5's .25 Stardust Poker Mansion (SPM) label artwork.

I have the green light from @p5woody, @David Spragg and @Tommy to move forward with this Group Buy.

All of that said, here are the quarter options that are being considered:

Stardust-Vote.png

Details are:
  • 39mm chip
  • FDL mold
  • #314 edge spots (level 1)
  • DG Peacock or Light Blue
  • DG Yellow edge spots in 314 or 414 pattern
  • 1-1/16" inlay (to match SPM cash)
Price: $2.02 per chip (plus shipping/fees) - pricing is based on DG Peacock and 4 edge spots and may change based on final spots/color. Also, this will be a "true group buy" and chips will be sold at cost plus shipping and PayPal fees. I do not want to make a profit on this.
  • 100 = $202.00 plus shipping & fees
  • 200 = $404.00 plus shipping & fees
  • 250 = $505.00 plus shipping & fees
  • 300 = $606.00 plus shipping & fees
Here is a photo of the other SPM cash chips for comparison...

stardust-official.jpg

If you are interested in ordering, please submit your desired quantities below. If we go well over 300 (CPC minimum), I may run this GB into the new year, as I understand many folks have a lot of funds tied up for the holidays.

UPDATE: David informed me that they will not be running FDL mold until February or March, so I will just let this GB run for a few months.

NOTE: I will NOT be crossposting this thread on other forums - I just don't want to manage orders in two places. This will be the ONLY location for ordering for this GB.

Group Buy cutoff will be January 8, 2016 ... full payment will be due by Monday, January 11, 2016.
Anticipated delivery is April - May, 2016.

OFFICIAL GROUP BUY THREAD IS LOCATED HERE!

Last edited:
After months of being on the hunt for more 1k SPM chips (to complete my set of relabeled quarters), I've given up and decided to investigate the possibility of a custom chip from CPC with P5's .25 Stardust Poker Mansion (SPM) label artwork.

I have the green light from both @p5woody and @David Spragg to move forward with this Group Buy. As @Tommy was the originator of this quarter concept I'd also like to get his blessing, and am waiting to hear back from him.

All of that said, here is the quarter concept I have in mind:

View attachment 22776

Details are:
  • 39mm chip
  • FDL mold
  • #314 edge spots (level 1)
  • Light Blue base color
  • DG Yellow edge spots
  • 1-1/16" inlay (to match SPM cash)
Here is a photo of the other SPM cash chips for comparison...

View attachment 22777

If you are interested in ordering, please submit your desired quantities below. If we go well over 300 (CPC minimum), I may run this GB into the new year, as I understand many folks have a lot of funds tied up for the holidays.

NOTE: I will NOT be crossposting this thread on other forums - I just don't want to manage orders in two places. This will be the ONLY location for ordering for this GB.

So now the question remains... is anyone interested?

The example you sent me was on hourglass mold. FDL is not likely to be in for another 3 or 4 months after the upcoming production ends (which will be about the end of the year) so you may as well let the GN run anyway.

The example you sent me was on hourglass mold. FDL is not likely to be in for another 3 or 4 months after the upcoming production ends (which will be about the end of the year) so you may as well let the GN run anyway.

Thanks for the update! Yep - I made a last minute design swap. Also waiting to see what the folks here like... If there is heavy preference for one mold over another, I will probably follow direction/desire of the buyers.

Hey JSD!! Thanks for putting this together man! Looking good...

I'd be in for 2 racks of those if they are on the FDL...

Quick question hopefully without derailing the project: Have you thought about using DG Peacock instead? Imho, unweighted with no brass flakes could go a little better with the other denoms... Thoughts?

Quick question hopefully without derailing the project: Have you thought about using DG Peacock instead? Imho, unweighted with no brass flakes could go a little better with the other denoms... Thoughts?

You're not the first person to suggest DG Peacock to me on this concept... once we get more people on board, I'll probably have to put a poll together for final color. I'm definitely open to the DG Peacock!

We'd need to verify with @David Spragg that it's possible with the 314 edge spots. From the thread I saw this week, DG Peacock is only available in solid/plain chips (for now). Can we get clarification on that?

Yeah... I'm starting to lean towards the DGP as well... looks damn good! Just hoping it's a base color option with the 314 spots.

You're not the first person to suggest DG Peacock to me on this concept... once we get more people on board, I'll probably have to put a poll together for final color. I'm definitely open to the DG Peacock!

We'd need to verify with @David Spragg that it's possible with the 314 edge spots. From the thread I saw this week, DG Peacock is only available in solid/plain chips (for now). Can we get clarification on that?

Where exactly did you read that??

I think you read the bit about color sample availability. That is only solid and on A-mold at present I think.

It should be available to use as per any other color. I plan on using it as a base for a 3TA316 chip.

I think you read the bit about color sample availability. That is only solid and on A-mold at present I think.

It should be available to use as per any other color. I plan on using it as a base for a 3TA316 chip.

Lol
By the time you spent half an hour typing that I had already answered it :)

We can certainly do 414... I just thought the 314 would provide some progression from quarters to larger denoms.

Should I setup a poll?

Ah, I see. A poll might be useful. There's no progression anywhere else in the cash set, so 414 spots may be preferred. Alternatively, folks may want 214 spots to A) seperate it from the 314-spotted tournament set, and B) set it off as a frac.

If I were in the GB, I'd want 414 spots. My opinion is that of a SPM cash set owner/lover, though, and not a GB buyer, so take that for what it's worth.

We can certainly do 414... I just thought the 314 would provide some progression from quarters to larger denoms.

Should I setup a poll?

So far it would be a poll of 2, you and I, LOL!!!

Kidding aside, my first thought was it had to be 414, for consistency... After I saw your mock up, I kinda liked the 314 idea... I'm on the fence since I like both ideas for different reasons... I think I prefer the 414 slightly though, for the reason Psy just wrote...

Should I setup a poll?

They all had 414 so it probably doesn't matter too much.

Stardust_500dollar_cash2.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom