Cash Game 8 Game structure (1 Viewer)

rjbf65

Two Pair
Reaction score
Has anyone successfully hosted an "8 Game" night? I have not yet but would like to. It's supposed to be 6 max and that's due to the 2-7 TD being in the rotation so it kind of screws it up when we have more than that many players. How do others mix up the blinds since these games have 6 fixed limit, 1 no limit, and 1 pot limit game involved.
My thoughts are for a crew that has historically played .25-.25 NL holdem.

.50-1.00 fixed limit blinds with 1 and 2 betting limits.
.25 Antes on stud games and .25 bring in
.25-.25 pot limit and no limit blinds.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

We just did one last weekend and have done several of them over the last few years. Played it 8 handed and had the dealer sit out in 2-7TD. We played limit rounds at $2/4 (overs for people that want them) and $0.25/0.50 for the NL/PL rounds with a $1 bring in for Omaha. You can cap the NL/PL rounds at 100bb to keep them more in line with the limit rounds if you think that will be a problem.

We just did one last weekend and have done several of them over the last few years. Played it 8 handed and had the dealer sit out in 2-7TD. We played limit rounds at $2/4 (overs for people that want them) and $0.25/0.50 for the NL/PL rounds with a $1 bring in for Omaha. You can cap the NL/PL rounds at 100bb to keep them more in line with the limit rounds if you think that will be a problem.

I like the dealer sits out rule. Not sure if the other guys would. One thing I thought of doing is NL 2-7 single draw if we had more than 6 players.

Did your group like the 8 game format? My hope is it would go over so well that we could get away from only holdem nights like we've always done.

We hardly play holdem. Lots of mixed games and an 8 or 10 get mix is one of the favorites. The only thing with 7 is you still need to shuffle in burns sometimes, so if your not up to date on proper procedures be familiar before you start or be ready for some confusion. Easiest thing is to switch to NL if your players prefer more no limit games anyways.

We hardly play holdem. Lots of mixed games and an 8 or 10 get mix is one of the favorites. The only thing with 7 is you still need to shuffle in burns sometimes, so if your not up to date on proper procedures be familiar before you start or be ready for some confusion. Easiest thing is to switch to NL if your players prefer more no limit games anyways.

Sounds like a good group. Our holdem games have been played out. Most of the time the guys are on auto pilot as 90% of the decisions are automatic in holdem. Looking forward to introducing new games to freshen things up a bit. Just want to do it in a way where we still play for the right limits to where everyone is comfortable. It's a process.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom