$5.00 Plaques from MSK Gaming - OFFICIAL GROUP BUY Thread (2 Viewers)

What edge color would you like to see?

• Red

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Yellow

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Black

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Blue

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Green

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • White

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

justsomedude

Straight Flush
Reaction score
THIS GROUP BUY IS NOW CLOSED FOR ORDERS AND IS CURRENTLY BEING PROCESSED

So, after some deliberation, it seems the Matsui $5 plaque just isn't practical. Pushing $18 a pop at cost, it just doesn't make much sense.

That said, I am moving forward with having a $5.00 plaque mocked up by MSK Gaming. Their quality doesn't seem to be on par with Matsui's, but at around $4 a plaque, they are hard to beat.

Final Mockup from MSK (as of 1-28-16):

msk5-0128.jpg

Plaque Details and Pricing:

82mmx57mm rectangular, round corner, black edge
$4.2750 per plaque
* per plaque price DOES include costs for art and bank transfer fees, but DOES NOT include re-shipping and packing material costs.

Notes:
  • This GB is now closed!
    Special thanks to @SixSpeedFury for inspiring this plaque trend, and @p5woody for the artwork!
  • This is not a "profit" group buy. Plaques will be sold at cost, PLUS shipping, PayPal, a $40 wire transfer fee from my bank, reshipping fees, and a per-plaque artwork fee of $100 to P5.
  • I want to avoid all BS and butt-hurt-ness, and will strive to keep this project fully transparent.
  • Plaques should ship 2-3 weeks after factory receives payment. I anticipate the plaques leaving the factory around the end of February. They should arrive in the USA around early April, and I hope to have everything in GB members' hands by mid-to-late-April.
  • To keep shipping costs fair and consistent, and to minimize hassle on my end, I will be using USPS Priority Flat Rate Mail boxes for all shipments for 6 or more plaques. Orders of 5 or less plaques will get a First Class Mail option.
Quality:

To get an idea of MSK's quality/style, see the sample images below. As stated, the quality and printing on these may NOT be as crisp as Matsui's. I want everyone going in with their eyes wide open on this thing...

msksample2.jpg msksample1.jpg

Prototype:

Here are photos of the factory prototype (January 25, 2016)...

both.jpg front.jpg rear.jpg side-white.jpg edge-black.jpg

Comparison photos, MSK vs. Matsui plaques (thanks to @Split!)...

IMG_3886_small.jpg IMG_3897_small.jpg IMG_3893_small.jpg IMG_3888_smaller.jpg IMG_3895_small.jpg

Re-Shipping Costs

Priority shipping rates just went up. See the current prices from my post office in the photo below (photo taken 2/6/2016)...

usps.jpg

As of now this will be the breakdown for shipping, final shipping costs are specific to each order based on quantity of plaques ordered, and distribution of packing material cost on a per plaque basis:
5 plaques first class = $4.81
4 plaques first class = $4.59
2 plaques first class = $4.16
1 plaque first class = $3.94
6-10 plaques priority = $6.80 small flat rate Priority box + approx. $1.50 packing materials = $8.30 est.
11-80 plaques priority = $13.45 medium flat rate Priority box + approx. $1.50 packing materials = $14.95 est.
80-120 plaques priority = $18.75 large flat rate Priority box + approx. $5.00 packing materials = $23.75 est.

PLAQUES ARRIVED: March 17, 2016
PLAQUES RE-SHIPPED: March 21 - 23, 2016

5plaque-3.jpg

5plaque-1.jpg

5plaque-2.jpg

Plaques in the pot...

plaquepot.jpg

Final Tally
PAID
JustSomeDude - 67 (2 for P5)
PAID Forty4 - 10
PAID kuat - 4
PAID SixSpeedFury - 2
PAID SeekingAlphaSocialClub - 2
PAID Weckedy - 50
PAID Phaze12 - 20
PAID PokerZombie - 4
PAID BNM - 41
PAID Lars - 120
PAID RowdyRawhide - 20
PAID Tommy - 4
PAID Zippity - 41
PAID Apache - 100
PAID Psypher1000 - 1
PAID BGinGA - 5
PAID SuckoutKing - 1
PAID Steve5k - 2
PAID JFCJ - 2
PAID 12thMan - 4

PAID ADDON for BGinGA 5x
PAID ADDON for Psypher1000 1x

TOTAL = 500

Last edited:
I am interested! I don't have the matsui yet but I do have the Majestic which are MSK and I liked them. Is this sizing the same (close to) the matsui? I only ask because the Majestic's I have are the $100 and they are the smaller size, which I actually kind of like.

Put me down for 10 now, may go up but not much.

The Matsuis are 82x57mm. These MSKs will be 82x57 as well.

There may be some slight variation in final size, but they should be close.

I figured they were close, my comment was more that I have not seen the size so not sure if I like the bigger ones compared to the ones I have currently.

If your allowing singles, I'd be in for one, just to see the build quality.

Please put me down for 10. That may increase/decrease based on the samples I get. I appreciate this effort very much. Thank you.

Hey everyone - just want to update that I haven't forgotten about this. The factory has gone radio silent since I sent them new AI files last week. I just sent a follow up email to see where things stand. Still hoping we can get a prototype (even if only a photograph of it) before ordering.

Will keep everyone posted. When I know something, you'll know something.

SURPRISE EMAIL from the factory today! They already started a protoype and will send us photos later today (Korea Tuesday).

Please vote above what side color you want...

Capture.PNG

Just my 2 cents, but (if possible) you might want to weight the Side Color votes by the number of plaques each voter purchases. For example, I'm only in for 2 plaques; thus, it doesn't seem fair that my vote should have the same level of influence as somebody ordering 40 plaques. Just a thought! Thanks!

Red on red is like getting black edge spots on a black chip. o_O

Reactions: BNM
The prototype is coming with a white edge, because that's what they had in their production queue.

If it looks sexy, we can just roll with it.

Reactions: BNM
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom